Our goals at Mi Palacio are:
- To offer early child care services in a way that is specifically designed using our knowledge in early childhood education, according to the family’s priorities and beliefs, and needs of the child.
- To develop a nurturing relationship with each child and their family.
- To provide play opportunities for all children who are enrolled in the program.
- To provide support and help for families as they seek out resources to meet their child’s needs.
- To provide a stimulating and fun environment for the acquisition of Spanish as a second language.
To help children:
- Develop effective communication skills;
- Develop the ability to choose and follow through on personally meaningful experiences;
- Develop physiologically through play-based activities;
- By demonstrating through interaction with a developmentally appropriate environment and through self-initiated and teacher-facilitated activities, increasing levels of conceptual and cognitive development;
- By demonstrating an awareness of daily routine;
- Develop a level of independence in self-care skills;
- Develop problem-solving strategies;
- Develop aesthetic appreciation as they explore the developmentally appropriate environment around them
- Promote awareness and respect for cultural differences
- Expose children to a Spanish-speaking environment
Mi Palacio incorporates the Creative Curriculum into the daily activities to support infants, toddlers and preschoolers to have nurturing, consistent, and loving environment throughout their daily experiences, and to prepare older children for school. We offer individual and appropriate activities in Spanish that are specifically designed to help the child grow and develop based on his or her strengths and weaknesses, addressing all areas of development.